Case StudyIP Australia
Establishing a $20m Service Delivery Channel Transformation Program
We were engaged to assist IP Australia develop a business case supporting the agency’s Transactional Services Digital Strategy.
IP Australia is heavily dependent on information and information processing. They were looking to further improve the customer experience by utilising new technologies and streamline internal processing by consolidating channels and automation.
MXA’s extensive experience in undertaking similar projects was beneficial in designing an approach. Key activities in the development of the business case included:
- Leading very effective Design Thinking workshops;
- Undertaking user research;
- Building relationships with stakeholders through empathy and understanding;
- Applying effective co-design with key stakeholder groups to develop the business case and supporting artefacts;
- Testing and fine-tuning these documents with stakeholders; and
- Ensuring that key stakeholders fully understood the reasoning behind the program, including the drivers for change and the potential benefits to be realised.
To support the business case, we also designed a Solution Architecture model including conceptual architecture views, constraints and drivers, data flows, workflows, quality of service and sequence diagrams for interactions. In addition, we designed a new Application Programming Interface (API) architecture across their full range of services as well as a Governance Framework to ensure effective ownership and maintenance of the APIs.
Outcome & Benefits
MXA delivered all planning, architecture, design and strategy work to put the program in a position to tender for services from solution vendors.
The business case:
- Provided a clear plan for transactional digital services improvements.
- Defined the vision and target benefits for the initiative.
- Defined the costs, risks and benefits associated with options for the initiative.
- Provided IP Australia’s senior executive with increased confidence to invest in the solution and establish a capability to cater for future needs.
“MXA developed a comprehensive business case, program plan, solution architecture, benefits management plan, user research and stakeholder engagement plan for our $20m Transactional Digital Services Program.”