Business case guidance and review
Case Study: Law Enforcement
Collected information about the current capacity requirements for the existing law enforcement data centres across multiple sites
What we did
- Collected information about the current capacity requirements for the existing law enforcement data centres across multiple sites, managed by multiple internal teams (High Tech Crime, IT, Operations).
- Developed a strategic view of the need for a purpose-built data centre.
- Developed an understanding of the constraints and time-lines involved.
- Worked with executive to understand the benefits of moving to a full-service cloud model, rather than in-house managed data centres.
- A clear roadmap for moving from a number of existing law enforcement sites, some with limited lease timeframes, to cloud-based infrastructure hosting models.
- A procurement plan and initial conversations with several key vendors to facilitate the procurement and transition process.
- Established a whole-of-government cloud and data centres working group with participation from 14 commonwealth government agencies, as well as the ACT Government.