National identity and authentication framework
Case Study: Digital Transformation Office
Developed a framework showing how the government could facilitate and provide a better outcome for Australians in relation to identity.
What we did
- Developed touch point maps for Australian citizens at major life events:
- Starting school
- First Job
- Elicited the implications and impacts related to identity proof for citizens.
- Highlighted current process issues and opportunities in terms of identity security and user experience.
- Collaborated with an industry consortium of identity solution providers and technologists to define an achievable working prototype.
- A framework showing how the government could facilitate and provide a better outcome for Australians in relation to identify.
- This formed the basis for on-going strategic work used by the DTO and DTA to develop Govpass.