Schools data collection strategy
Case Study: Department of Education and Training
Undertook broad user research across a variety of user segments that included a combination of one-on-one interviews, desktop research, and contextual enquiry
What we did
- Undertook broad user research across a variety of user segments that included a combination of one-on-one interviews, desktop research, and contextual enquiry;
- Analysed reporting, compliance and data collection requirements of schools;
- Focused intensely on the financial questionnaire reporting process;
- Leveraged deep networks in the software industry to test designs which included a simple change to schools financial management software; and
- Developed a user design blueprint that detailed the financial questionnaire reporting process in its current state, provided an ideal future solution and outlined ways which that future state could be achieved through a short, medium and long term staged approach.
Significant efficiency benefits to schools without building any new technology solutions. The Department is also leveraging the benefit of close engagement with schools software providers supported by the National Schools Interoperability Program (NSIP).
“MXA was able to find a solution that we would not have found ourselves. Their ability to think outside the box was very helpful.” – John Koulouris, Director, Financial Assurance Team, Schools Assurance Branch, Schooling Group. Department of Education and Training