System modernisation strategy
Case Study: Austrade
Identified and analysed options for sustaining the system into the future
What we did
- Identified and analysed options for sustaining the system into the future.
- Worked with system users, business specialists, software developers and senior executives to ensure that a strategy considered all perspectives.
- Developed a sustainment and modernisation strategy for the next five years that was based on clear evidence of costs, risks and benefits of the options for sustaining the system.
- Presented this clearly in an options paper.
- Collaborated with Austrade’s CTO and Business System Division Head to deliver a sustainment roadmap.
Austrade’s CTO presented the final roadmap to Austrade’s Executive Director of Australian Operations, and the roadmap was accepted as the basis for investment over the next five years.
“I’ve appreciated the hard work, insight and good rapport we’ve had during the development of a roadmap for one of our key business systems. It’s been a very successful engagement from Austrade’s perspective.” – Austrade 2015