Enterprise architecture review
Case Study: APA Group
Undertook a review of the firm’s enterprise architecture practice and provided recommendations to move the practice forward.
What we did
We undertook a review of the firm’s enterprise architecture practice and provided recommendations to move the practice forward. We analysed a number of key elements of an EA practice, including:
- Monitoring and evaluation of emerging technology.
- Early engagement with projects.
- Influence on projects and project solution architecture.
- Engagement and relationships with business stakeholders and IT group.
- Maintaining an enterprise architecture repository.
- Process definition for the architecture practice.
- Project management of key enterprise architecture deliverables.
- Communications and engagement with the wider organisation.
Our report identified the enterprise architecture group’s current strengths, noted the areas in need of improvement, and made a series of detailed recommendations for strengthening the practice and improving its deliverables over time.
The Group CIO accepted and implemented all of the report’s 10 recommendations. The impact and effectiveness of the group’s enterprise architecture practice has improved significantly.