Establish and run a projects front door
Case Study: ACT Shared Services
Effectively handled large quantities of requests from business areas for IT services
What we did
- Work with senior executives to develop appropriate processes and engagement for all non-standard requests to ACT Shared Services.
- Effectively handled large quantities of requests from business areas for IT services.
- Efficiently assessed the requests using our substantial experience of the interface between IT and business.
- Provided clear, high quality summaries of the needs of client agencies, and the best way to address client problems and opportunities.
- By having highly capable and experienced people as the first line of contact, good strategic decisions could be made more quickly.
- Business requests were now understood, responded to quickly and solutions provided in proportion to the problem to be solved which led to a complete shift in the level of engagement and satisfaction from business areas of the services provided by IT.
- A higher proportion of “right” decisions were made from first contact, resulting in less rework, happier clients of ACT Share Services, and significant cost savings.