Complex business case,
IT strategy and transition plan
Case Study: ACT Parliamentary Counsel’s Office
MXA helped PCO develop a pragmatic and defensible strategy for a replacement system enabling them to obtain project funding.
What we did
- Participated in evaluation of a major RFQ and provided strategic advice on evaluation outcomes.
- Reviewed an existing business case which had been rejected in the previous budget cycle.
- Provided an independent review recommending options and a way forward.
- Delivered a successful business case that identified an approach to substantially reduce costs to government without adversely impacting benefits or increasing risk.
- Developed a detailed analysis of technology choices and alternatives.
- Reviewed an approach for the procurement process.
- Developed a transition plan and roadmap for the implementation of the new system.
MXA helped PCO develop a pragmatic and cost effective strategy for a replacement system enabling them to obtain project funding.
“MXA Consulting provided assistance with the development of a ICT business case and a number of reports ranging from an assessment of our current ICT system, option papers on possible ICT solutions and strategy documents to guide our project. Justin and his team provided a very high standard of service and expertise; they are professional and responsive. We found their experience and subject matter knowledge invaluable.”
– Ann Moxon, Senior Manager, Legislation Publishing and Drafting, ACT Parliamentary Counsel’s Office.