Strategic options comparison and
business case for $25m for
ageing systems replacement
Case Study: ACT Corrective Services
Developed a detailed business case approved by The Treasury
What we did
- Workshopped with senior executives to understand keys drivers for change, impacts, and risks.
- Reviewed existing options paper completed by a global consulting firm.
Analysed 6 options on the basis of cost, risk and benefit, including custom development, remediation, configuration and cloud.
- Delivered a business focused options paper, discussed with senior executive, and identified more benefirical options, changing previous decisions.
- Undertook an assessment of the rough order of magnitude capital investment required to implement a new offender management system and gained executive commitment to invest.
- Developed a detailed business case approved by The Treasury.
We addressed a key risk to the ACT Government’s Justice and Community Safety Directorate in a timely manner with the full understanding and support from relevant senior executives.
The responsible senior executives implemented our advice on the replacement of the critical system.